The Nite Show with Danny Cashman can be seen in the full state of Maine on Saturday nights.
• Dave Chappelle performed in Orono this past week. He was the only black person in attendance.
• “Hotel Transylvania 2” in theaters this weekend starring the voices of Adam Sandler, Selena Gomez, and Mel Brooks, who, it was reported, during the film, were involved in an off-camera love triangle.
• “The Intern” also released in theaters this weekend starring Robert De Nero and Anne Hathaway – all about the life of Jack McBrayer.
• The McDreemy-less “Grey’s Anatomy” premiered Thursday night on ABC. Many women viewers found it to be McMeaningless.
• Season premiere of “The Simpsons” tomorrow night on FOX. Also, a show called “The Last Man on Earth.” is in its 2nd season – it has been retitled. It’s now called “The Last Ensemble Cast on Earth.”
• A guy from Oklahoma lost his wedding ring in a lake in upstate New York 39 years ago…and got it back earlier this month. A resident around the lake found it, gave it to a year round resident who heard about the man who lost the ring (and still vacations there on another side of the lake) and sent it back to him. (Awwww) The man then said he also lost a thousand bucks up there somewhere…
– Muppets premiered Tuesday. Kermit and Miss Piggy are divorced in the new Office-type format, which is rated R for sexual puppet nudity.
– Under The Dome was cancelled. When asked why, CBS president Les Moonves said it just got too “dome-y.”
– First show on WGME in Portland. Hi, WGME! Why don’t you stay with us here tonight, for the full half hour? It’s me, ol’ Dan! Ha… ha… (pause) Are you still there?
• Lots of Apple festivals today, including Manchester, Livermore Falls, and Cornish. WARNING: No cinnamon allowed on the premises this year.
• This Day in History:
• Elvis Presley made his first public appearance. He was 10 (1945); and performed the song “Hound Puppy.”
• Sinead O’ Connor ripped up a picture of the Pope on SNL (1992); To celebrate, today she ripped up a picture of Donald Trump.
– Motley Crue coming to Bangor later this month. Opening for Motley Crue will be Maine’s own Rick Charette.
• WWE Live held earlier tonight in Bangor, and tomorrow night in Portland. Now with stricter, more rigid rules and adhering to the strict rulebook.
• Also released this weekend “This is Happening” starring Cloris Leachman as a grandmother on the run with a trunk full of drugs from her granddaughter’s attempt at a drug deal. Based on a recent true story from my Mom’s life.
• “Jay Leno’s Garage” premieres this Wednesday night on CNBC – featuring Jay’s special “chin-accommodating” vehicles.
– “Haven” based on Stephen King’s “The Colorado Kid” premieres this Thursday night on Syfy in its final season. The final season is purportedly all about the Vinal Haven girl’s basketball team.
This Day in History:
– Elvis Presley made his first public appearance. He was 10 (1945). An old man at the time showed Elvis the ropes of how to do television. That man? Maine’s own George Hale.
– “The Andy Griffith Show” & “Mr. Ed” both premiered today (1961); in a little known crossover episode, the horse changed places with Aunt Bee.
– Sinead O’ Connor ripped up a picture of the Pope on SNL (1992). To celebrate, today she ripped up an AARP newsletter.
– Gary Larson announced he was done doing “The Far Side” cartoon (1994); animals around the globe wondered how they were going to stay current.
– O.J. Simpson was found “not guilty” for murder (1995) but was found “guilty” of charges of kidnapping and armed robbery on this day in 2008… To this day, he still promises to look for the killer, the kidnapper, the armed robber…. the—
– Happy Birthday Al Sharpton (61); All his lost weight is apparently going to his hair.